- About Harrison House
- Email Us
- Download an Application
Harrison House is a 15-unit apartment complex located in Thousand Palms. Our 18-month program is designed to support homeless young adults between the ages of 18 and 22 who are seeking assistance in their movement from the streets to becoming independent and self-sufficient adults.
Services offered to clients consist of:
- Weekly individual counseling with a Master’s Level counselor to address psychological, social substance abuse, and emotional issues.
- Life-skills training including, but not limited to: budgeting, money management, consumer education, responsible use of credit, cooking, interpersonal relationships, job skills, home repair, etc.
- Medical health assistance for all tenants including, oral hygiene and medication management.
- Assistance with pursuing and preparing for secondary education including attainment of High School Diploma/GED and post-secondary education/vocational training.
- Assistance with preparing for and obtaining employment including interviewing skills, assistance with filling out job applications and guidance in terms of proper employee behavior.
- Assistance with their credit through financial education training. This includes budgeting, how to manage a savings and checking account, and credit counseling.
- A uniquely-designed, youth-centered service plan and one-on-one case management for youth who pass the probationary period (30-days) based on an assessment of youth’s needs.
- Aftercare includes ongoing assistance/guidance once tenant has transitioned to permanent housing.
72695 La Canada Way
Thousand Palms, CA 92276