- About Harrison House
- Email Us
- Download an Application
Harrison House is a 15-unit apartment complex located in Thousand Palms. Our 18-month program is designed to support older homeless young adults ages 18 to under 22 who are seeking assistance in their movement from the streets to becoming independent and self-sufficient adults.
Services offered to clients consist of:
- Weekly individual counseling with a Master’s Level counselor to address psychological, social substance abuse, and emotional issues.
- Life-skills training including, but not limited to: budgeting, money management, consumer education, responsible use of credit, cooking, interpersonal relationships, job skills, home repair, etc.
- Medical health assistance for all tenants including, oral hygiene and medication management.
- Assistance with pursuing and preparing for secondary education including attainment of High School Diploma/GED and post-secondary education/vocational training.
- Assistance with preparing for and obtaining employment including interviewing skills, assistance with filling out job applications and guidance in terms of proper employee behavior.
- Assistance with their credit through financial education training. This includes budgeting, how to manage a savings and checking account, and credit counseling.
- A uniquely-designed, youth-centered service plan and one-on-one case management for youth who pass the probationary period (30-days) based on an assessment of youth’s needs.
- Aftercare includes ongoing assistance/guidance once tenant has transitioned to permanent housing.
72695 La Canada Way
Thousand Palms, CA 92276